Nowadays, we all love to share highlights from our favorite outdoor adventures on one or more social media platforms. If the photos are great but your captions are lacking, you might need to start using some of the best kayak puns for Instagram captions.
Don’t feel like you always have to come up with something unique or original every time you share a new kayaking photo. With these puns, you can grab a laugh (or at least a quick snicker) and keep it moving.
We have assembled this collection of kayak puns to help you step up your Instagram caption game. We would love it if you use the #kayakhelp when sharing future kayak posts on IG so we can share in your adventure virtually!
Photo by Antonio Guillem via Shutterstock
Table of Contents
Photo by CroMary via Shutterstock
Most people out there love a good pun, but we have to be thoughtful and respectful when it comes to their use. Here are a few tips to help you read your audience before trying out one of the best kayak puns for Instagram captions:
- Catch their attention with the first sentence. That’s precisely what these kayak puns are for!
- Have fun with emojis. Just make sure they don’t render your caption unreadable.
- Make it informative. After drawing their attention with a good pun, provide some information on where you’re kayaking or tips for kayaking in that destination.
- Use a call to action. Encourage followers to like, comment, follow, or conduct other actions relevant to your business or personal brand.
- Write naturally. If your captions sound like they were written by a robot, your followers are going to notice because there are accounts out there actually doing that.
- Don’t be afraid to share your personality! The worst thing you can do is project a bland image out there that doesn’t resonate. People want to see you be your unabashed self!
- Be a storyteller. Share how the scene you are posting about felt, sounded, smelled, and even tasted. Bring your followers into the scene with you with vivid, storytelling imagery.
- Use relevant hashtags. This will help your post be seen by folks following things like #kayakhelp, #kayaking, #kayaklove, #kayakdaze, #keepcalmpaddleon, and many others.
- Avoid controversial topics. While followers want you to share your personality, social media often isn’t the best place for controversial topics like religion and politics. Just remember that everything you post can be found by friends, family, employers, etc.
- Consider caption length. While there are no strict recommendations on what is too long or too short, your goal is to add value and shoot for quality over quantity. While short and punchy captions work for celebrities, many influencers are utilizing captions as a form of micro-blogging to tell longer narratives and inspire their followers to action.
- Divide text into short paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a huge block of text below an Instagram post. Break it up into paragraphs that contain two or three sentences each to make it easier for viewers to read.
- Use the right voice. This is where some healthy market research can come in handy. Make sure the voice you’re using matches the target audience for your social media account.
- Tag brands or partners. Kayak brands and apparel companies love to see their products represented out on the water. And who knows? Tagging them may even lead to an unexpected partnership that can earn you some free swag!
3. “A kayaker couldn’t get into the marina because a boat was blocking the entrance. That’s what I call pier pressure!”
7. “A newbie paddler asked his instructor if it was difficult to learn how to whitewater kayak. ‘No, it’s really easy to learn whitewater kayaking,’ replied the kayak instructor, ‘you just go with the flow’.”
10. “A kayak instructor hands two kayak paddles to her student and asked, ‘Which one do you prefer?’ The student replied, ‘either, oar’.”
Photo by Kudryashova Vera via Shutterstock
11. “How do kayak instructors change a light bulb? They hold it up against the connection and wait for the world to revolve around them.”
17. “I was on a quiz show once, and they asked me to come up with a 5-letter palindrome that starts with “K”. It’s a pity that I was so stumped because if I had answered correctly, I’d have won a brand new kayak.”
19. “If you kayak with a cap on and the kayak capsizes, whether or not the cap falls off depends on the cap size.”
Photo by Toey Toey via Shutterstock
29. “I never intended to become addicted to paddling my kayak into whirlpools. It’s just something I got sucked into.”
Photo by G-Stock Studio via Shutterstock
32. “The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling.”
33. “Two guys sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft…Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.”
37. “What did Gotye say after he grounded his Pescador Pilot? “Now you’re just some kayak that I used to know”.”
38. “One kayaker said to the other kayaker ‘Do I need to tie my kayak at the marina?’ The other kayaker replied, ‘Knot sure’.”
Photo by KYPhua via Shutterstock
41. “Two kayakers on vacation in South America are paddling down the Amazon when one says to the other, ‘Isn’t this breathtakingly beautiful?’ ‘Yes, it is,’ replies the other kayaker, ‘and can you believe they named it after a website’?”
44. “An Egyptian kayaker who lost his paddle just couldn’t accept the fact that he was stuck in de Nile.”
45. “Did you hear about the kayaker that hit a submerged couch during the Rio Olympics? It was a fabricated story.”
47. “How many kayakers does it take to change a light bulb? Four. Three to stand around discussing the size of the hole and one to get on with it.”
Photo by GROGL via Shutterstock
Photo by Max Topchii via Shutterstock
64. “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.”
Photo by Jacob Lund via Shutterstock
Photo by Dee Browning via Shutterstock
82. “Before my surgery today, the anesthesiologist asked if I’d like to be knocked out with gas or he could just hit me over the head with a canoe paddle. So I guess it was an either-oar situation.”
83. “During a recent camping trip, my son rigged his drone to paddle his canoe for him. He called it the “DronePaddle3000”. I just called it a Rowbot.”
85. “I had the choice of two jobs: one designing paddles for kayaking and the other for tennis. I chose the first because I’m no expert in racket science!”
Photo by Ahturner via Shutterstock
93. “One afternoon at the kayak rental hut. ‘Kayak number nine, your time is up, come in.’ ‘But we only have eight kayaks,’ said the other attendant. ‘Kayak number six, are you experiencing difficulties’?”
95. “When you’re trying to slingshot around Jupiter but you run out of fuel and end up on a collision course with one of Jupiter’s moons…Europa creek without a paddle.”
97. “Two penguins are rowing in a desert. One says to the other, ‘Where’s the paddle?’ The other replies, ‘Sure does’.”
Photo by Max Topchii via Shutterstock
We hope you have enjoyed this collection of kayak puns for Instagram captions and we invite you to bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back when it is time to post your next photo of a unique kayaking adventure!